• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RockyD

RockyD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

There have been many sticks come and go as they are replaced by newer and better sticks. I'm wondering if there was one that just set the standard and never been beat? What's the best stick out their in your opinion? All around best stick ever?

#2 gian323

gian323

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

mcdermott?

They've been around forever. Tad cues are pretty high end custom cues that have been around a while too. Southwest maybe?

They're stiff, strong, solid hitting, and pretty to look at. You can break with em, jump with em, as well as play with em. They're still going strong with a 9 year waiting list to order one brand new.
When you are riding it
home, can see the finish line, don't spit da bit, begin beating the ass
with your riding whip and yell out like Tarzan, who's yo daddy. When
she screams FL, don't take it too hard, life goes on.

#3 Demondrew

Demondrew

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

I don't think there is any way that someone could name a particular cue maker's cue as the best. Every persons shooting style differs as do there requirements in a cue.

As to quality of the build. . . every one has there own idea of what makes a great cue, estheticts, even points, sharp points, rounded points, type of wood, quality of wood, technical quality of assembly. . . . . and on and on.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

#4 Bill Burton

Bill Burton
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

mcdermott?

They've been around forever. Tad cues are pretty high end custom cues that have been around a while too. Southwest maybe?

They're stiff, strong, solid hitting, and pretty to look at. You can break with em, jump with em, as well as play with em. They're still going strong with a 9 year waiting list to order one brand new.

I bought a Tad cue in Los Angeles in mid 70s, best stick I ever shot with, it was real plain Birdseye maple but the eyes were perfect on it. It was a thing of beauty and did not need any other adornment. Unfortunately it got broken. I always liked a stiffer hitting cue though and not all people like that. Is this the same guy or his son?
Thanks , Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users