• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Billiards Professional

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,591 posts
  • Interests:Pool & Billiards, 3-cushion, broads, booze, cards, golf, scuba diving, traveling, tennis.

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Your 101 intro into the Diamond system

DIAMOND SYSTEM

4 pages, 12-17-05 CR Fast Larry Guninger all rights reserved.

This is a brief introduction. To teach the system to you would require a 500 page book and years of study.

There are 3 basic cue positions, center, no English, Running, meaning when the cue ball hits a cushion it juices and widens its angle and picks up speed. Reverse does just the opposite which slows the shot down and the angle narrows. On a good table you have diamonds to see, brads or little dots.

For the diamond system to work and connect you must learn to hit each bank shot with the same speed. Medium force of stroke then they repeat. Remember hit soft and the angle widens, hard and it narrows. Banking the same speed means you can remember tracks and produce them.

When you aim at a diamond you shoot through it and never at the point on the cushion next to it. When lighting is poor I set a piece of chalk on the diamond and aim to send my cue ball right through the center of that chalk.
The cue ball is at the top right pocket and we want to shoot the 9 ball but it is blocked. A 3 rail bank is planned. The majority of banks are shot with running English. Looking down the far left long rail the first diamond is marked #1, forget the Wei table, his numbers are all wrong. I have that marked A, the next diamond up is 2 marked B, 3rd diamond up is 3, marked D, 4 is on the side pocket and so on up to 8.

On older tables with bad cloth and rubber the 3 rail bank point might be diamond one. On most normal tables it is around diamond 2. On brand new tables with new hot rubber and fast simonis it is usually diamond 3. We will aim at diamond two. We aim through the diamond and the place where the cue ball contacts the cushion is actually diamond 2.5 marked C but never give that any further thought.

Shooting left running English would be hiting the cue ball on the right side and I like 3:00 half to one tip right level cue depending on the speed of the rubber again medium firm speed of stroke. Not soft, hot hard. Reverse would be hitting the cue ball on the left side at 9:00. If I was to bank the cue ball now hitting the right long rail running would be 9:00 and reverse 3:00.

So if I hit diamond 2 properly on the left long rail the cue ball banks 3 rails and pots the 9. Every table is different and the next day that banking number could change due to humidity and temperature which could make it 2.2. When I get on a table I set this shot up and keep shooting it changing the chalk up and down until it connects and pots the 9. I then remember that diamond number for the rest of the day. Let us now assume that number is 2.2. Half way between diamond 1 and 2 is 1.5. A diamond is about a foot apart so subdivide it into 10 parts.

We now have a track to depend upon which is 2.0 diamond. But what do we do if in a game the cue ball does not lie on that track? It it’s to the left of the track you see track diamond 2 and then lay your cue down parallel to that line and there is your new rail aim point.
B was your old aim point, now 3.6 marked A makes the shot.
Diamond 2.0 track:
http://endeavor.med....~wei/pool/9egg/

START( %AN7O5%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%Eq1H1%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM7N8%Ir6Z4%JK8M6 %KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%Pp8E5%QG9Y5%RN1Y7%SR4Z2%TT5Z2 %WP3]2%Xo7F0%[C8P0%Q9[6%]N8D1%^C3O2%eC1a3%_q3Y9%`e3R5%aO4C5 )END

Diamond 3.6 track:

START( %AN7O5%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%Ep1N6%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM7N8%Ir6Z4%JK8M6 %KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%Pp0K4%QX5X7%RQ3Y4%WQ72%Xo7F0 %[C8P0%Q9[6%]N8D1%^C3O2%eC1a3%_q3Y9%`e3R5%aO4C5%bY5[2%cb4T9 %do3K8 )END

Diamond track 1.2

If the cue ball is right of track 2.0 your new parallel aim point is 1.2

START( %AN7O5%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%Ep1N6%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM7N8%Ir6Z4%JK8M6 %KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%Pm4E2%QI9[7%RQ3Y4%WQ72%Xo7F0 %[C8P0%Q9[6%]N8D1%^C3O2%eC1a3%_q3Y9%`e3R5%aO4C5%bN2[0%c]3P6 %dl6E8 )END

If the cue ball is back on the original 2.0 track and the 9 ball is no longer a duck in the bottom left corner pocket but now lies a diamond over to the right on diamond 5 your new aim point becomes diamond one and you might even kick it in.

START( %Eq5J7%Ir7V1%Pq3E4%QH1Z9%RQ3Y4%WQ72%Xo7F0%[C8P0%Q9[6%]N8D1 %^C3O2%eC1a3%_q3Y9%`e3R5%aO4C5%bL5[7%c9Q5%dp5F0 )END

If the 9 ball now lies on diamond 8 marked C you shoot into diamond 3 marked A to kick it in. You will be happy to just hit the ball and not give up cue ball in hand. If the 9 ball is a half diamond over you adjust your long rail calculation accordingly. That is how you work the diamond system off of a single beginning track and this is your very basic 101 first instruction into how it all works and connects.

START( %A[01%B[21%CJ7O4%DL8N2%Ep1N6%F[6[8%GK7N8%HM7N8%Im9Z7%JK8M6 %K[52%LJ7N2%M[63%N[90%OJ7M0%Pq4E0%QX5X7%RQ3Y4%Sm0[2%WQ72 %Xo7F0%[C8P0%Q9[6%]N8D1%^C3O2%eC1a3%_q3Y9%`e3R5%aO4C5%bW6[9 %c`7S3%dp7E6 )END

www.fastlarrypool.com is Larry’s web site where you can book lessons or a trick shot show. Check out the new billiards store which has the lowest prices on cues and tables. Open the Encyclopedia to gain access to over 200 instruction articles for free. POOL LESSONS FROM A GRAND MASTER LEVEL INSTRUCTOR, BILLIARDS EXPERT AND FORMER ARTISTIC WORLD CHAMPION. 770-381-6609. Larry plays on six pro pool tours. His tour 9 ball cards are: the UPA, the men’s main 9 ball tour, currently ranked in the top 50, the Viking Pro 9 ball tour, Florida 9 ball tour, SE pro 9 ball tour, the Senior Tour and the APTSA (Artistic Pool and Trick Shot Association.
Fax 770-381-1916 POOL QUESTIONS ANSWERED AND FREE INSTRUCTION IS ON www.poolchat.net In the ask the pros forum.“Fast Larry” Guninger and Wonder Dog, trick shot shows and entertainment.
Email fastlarry@bellsouth.net fast Larry at bell south dot net.
DVD’s.http://www.fastlarrypool.com/dvdseries_trickshots1_trailer.htm
May God bless and peace be with you. May there now be peace between us. If you are a real pool player, then fast truly loves you. May the wind be always on your back and all 9 balls fall.
VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. “Latin for “I came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all. Yes I really did do it all and you can believe it, or not. If you don’t believe it, C’est La Vie. " Shoot straight, innovate, never give up, just run out on the other guy then there is no way for you to lose.
Either lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way. Do one of the three please? Come celebrate the wonder of this beautiful game with me and become a student of it.
Be my friend, walk my way, flow with what I teach you and you will soar like the Eagle into levels of excellence you never dreamed possible. Play by feel, not by systems; do not make a simple game complicated. Go with what you know, go with what is natural.
"Winners make things happen. Losers let things happen." In the words of Vince Lombardi, "When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened." Vince said you’ve got to pay the price. Winning is not a sometime thing, it’s an all the time thing. Winning is a habit, unfortunately so is losing.
Rack em sausage, Go play fast and loose. Ride em hard, put em up wet, leave the ladies smiling. Live free, die well with your boots on owing no man anything. May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you’re dead? In time, it’s all dust in the wind anyway. Don’t take your self, or anything too serious, just be happy and healthy. Laughter good whiskey and song is the best medicine. If you have a library, a garden, a good woman and a barrel of Scotch, you have all you need. Be sure to take the time, to smell the flowers along the way. I am just a simple teacher. All that I now know, is that I now know nothing. I am nothing but a good ball banger who teaches a good lesson and puts on a good trick shot show, that is the only two things I do well in life.
Aristotle said “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” Die happy and you lived a good life.
Fast Larry Guninger, real man, real pool player, real American, real Christian.” God bless the land of the free and of the brave. Fáilte Roimh Cheartúcháin, Go dtuga Dia suaimhneas síoraí dó.

Minnesota Fats: Larry’s teacher said? "When I played pool I was like a psychiatrist. I cured 'em of all their daydreams and delusions." "You don't learn from smart people, you learn from idiots. Watch what they do, and then don't do it." Learn to be a lock smith. If you should be giving the 7 and the snap, don’t play for money unless you sell the pigeon he should give you the 7 and the snap. Then you never lose. Never put heat on your self, pressure is self induced; only you can put in on, only you can take it off. The toughest player mentally wins when skills are equal. "Golf is 90% mental and 10% physical." -- Ben Hogan "I am the toughest golfer mentally." -- Tiger Woods
Paul Newman, in The Color of Money: "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned." FL says always have something riding on every match, it steels the nerves.
W. C. Fields: "Trust everyone-and always cut the cards." You can’t con an honest man. Never wise up a sucker or Give a sausage an even break
Come chat with Larry live at www.poolchat.net. Do not miss the Encyclopedia of pool, over 200 instruction articles now up on www.poolchat.net and it’s all free.

"Fast Larry" Guninger
The Power Source Traveling Pool School. To see my web page come alive click here: www.fastlarrypool.comicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users