most useful tip tool

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brokenarrowjbe

brokenarrowjbe
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

FL, What is the most useful tip tool? I have the "cube" and it seems fine, but I had the tip replaced and it took forever to shape without spinning the cue so I would not over heat the leather tip. Thanks in advance. John

#2 ALWAYS LEARNING

ALWAYS LEARNING

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:pool, Koi ponds

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

I use the sandman file to get it close then use a Willards dime to finish. Then just a turn or two to rough it up when it starts not to hold chaulk. By the way thanks for the Hard Tails. tip it plays very well!

#3 TheFritz

TheFritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Billiards, chess, good food, good drink, good friends. Golf, sports, fishing and learning. Green Bay Packers and freedom.
    ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

FL, What is the most useful tip tool? I have the "cube" and it seems fine, but I had the tip replaced and it took forever to shape without spinning the cue so I would not over heat the leather tip. Thanks in advance. John

I've used many and I've found the Tweeten Metal Tip Shaper to be the best. It is a dime or nickel shaped filer (about 8" length) with a fine grit sandpaper insert. It is quick, clean, easy to use and extremely accurate. I believe I paid less than $5.00 for it. Great value.

#4 TheFritz

TheFritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Billiards, chess, good food, good drink, good friends. Golf, sports, fishing and learning. Green Bay Packers and freedom.
    ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

After shaping with the Tweeten I use a Tip Pic to a prep the tip surface for superior chalk adhesion as needed. 

#5 Demondrew

Demondrew

!«Pro Member»!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:25 PM

http://www.poolchat..../?hl=delaminate

This was a topic discussed before. Good information.

Andy

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!

#6 Boston Bob

Boston Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Pool, Swimming, and living life as it comes. I am a Left-Handed Pool Player just so you know.

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

I got a round concave BRAD Cue Scuffer I have had for many many years that I keep in my watch pocket that works quite well. Great for a Bar with those flattened out tips you cant even hit Center of ball without miscuing ..Scuff it up and take the Clown for for some extra Cash on top of the Beers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users