• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,984 posts
  • Interests:Pool & Billiards, 3-cushion, broads, booze, cards, golf, scuba diving, traveling, tennis.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

Zen Pool by Max Emberlee

I read the E book. First let me say I never met the man but it's obvious he is a top player. The book is 70 pages. That I have a problem with. To me a book that is worthwhile should be 200 to 300 pages. If you can only write 70 pages that tells me you know very little about your subject. Max is like most top players. Now and then they drop into the Zone and they do not have a clue what is going on or what this all about. All they know is it is there.

The book is supposed to be about Zen but there is again virtually nothing in there about it other than a couple of pages explaining what it is he got from another book. It instead is a beginner book, by a beginner teacher, teaching beginners the basics of pool. Nothing in here you do not find in the Byrne book, or any other how to play pool book. He has nothing in here you have not read about before in other books. Rating it on that subject against the others, I would rank it last. The few drawings or diagrams there are you will find to be amateurish at best.
As a book on Zen or the inner mind it is a complete and utter failure. The worst one I ever saw. Don't waste your time and money on this one. Rating on a scale of 1 to 10. A one.

"Fast Larry" Guninger
The Power Source Traveling Pool School. To see my web page come alive click here: www.fastlarrypool.comicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_razz.gif

#2 Brianquintanilla

Brianquintanilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for the review, I was considering checking this book out because of Max's constant email advertising.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users