• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,984 posts
  • Interests:Pool & Billiards, 3-cushion, broads, booze, cards, golf, scuba diving, traveling, tennis.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

Here is where you make your request for larry to review anything. Just say larry, review this DVD, or review this item I am thinking of buying.

"Fast Larry" Guninger
The Power Source Traveling Pool School. To see my web page come alive click here: www.fastlarrypool.comicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_razz.gif

#2 vrijmetselarij

vrijmetselarij
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

Larry:

What's your thoughts or experience with custom cues made by Mark Smith?

#3 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts
  • Interests:Pool & Billiards, 3-cushion, broads, booze, cards, golf, scuba diving, traveling, tennis.

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

Sorry, never heard of the guy or seen his cue, can not help you there. Most of these smaller guys are at the spring Hopkins show in Philly.

"Fast Larry" Guninger
The Power Source Traveling Pool School. To see my web page come alive click here: www.fastlarrypool.comicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_razz.gif

#4 RicktheStick

RicktheStick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

I love the idea of pool room reviews. I realize it may take you years to do it but it would be so cool to know the top places to play when I travel around on business or on vacation. good luck on that project.

#5 Beachbum

Beachbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:22 PM

Have you read the eight ball bible?
by r givens

#6 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

The reviews were coming up fast and furious and they stopped, what goes?

#7 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:13 PM

Tell the guy to send it to me and I'll give it a fair review. If I cant, I send it back. If I can, I keep it. I am sorry the reviews stopped, they will resume, I just got very busy.

[ Edited by FASTLARRY on 2006/11/13 19:13 ]

"Fast Larry" Guninger

#8 GeorgeAllen

GeorgeAllen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:31 AM

I would like to see a review of the numerous shafts that are out there now. Make some sense out of this confusion.

#9 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

Next big show I will be at where all this stuff will be in one place will be the hopkins in the spring, late March. I'll do it then.

"Fast Larry" Guninger

#10 roadmap45

roadmap45
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:25 PM

hi Larry,do you have any information onHal Houle and his system?

#11 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

Yes, I have spent many hours with him on it and know him very well. I do not teach nor do I agree with swiping across the ball for newbies, but for advanced players I will teach it. I do it my self on many shots, and on some, I use the parallel system.

"Fast Larry" Guninger

#12 Larry

Larry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Fast Larry Please help me out, I need some input on the late ninties Falcon cues and on th Meucci power piston 3 cues. I just recently purchsed one of each and I would like other members thoughts on the cues repectively. Quality, fit, finish and workmanship .....ect Any though on the compaines would help to.
Any help and thoughts are appreciated. :blink:
" I'll race you to the Waffle House fat man "
Jimmy Mataya to Joe Kerr at the Glass city 9 ball open.

#13 HannibalChris

HannibalChris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Larry,
U got any thoughts on the IPAT (International Player Ability Test ) workout books? I have seen these around for awhile but never talked to anyone that has used them.
C

#14 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Larry,
U got any thoughts on the IPAT (International Player Ability Test ) workout books? I have seen these around for awhile but never talked to anyone that has used them.
C

I have the books and tapes, they are very well done, but are basically a series of drills, and I don't like doing nothing but drills, you have to play and match up. If you do the same drills everyday, you get good at them, and trying to score your playing ability from them I don't think is accurate, you appear better than you really are. You pull your score from leagues, playing other people, matching up. All their drills they use are good, just don't make it your life's work and spend too much time on them.

The pat dvd's are on the list of dvd's you can win from me, for free.

"Fast Larry" Guninger

#15 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Fast Larry Please help me out, I need some input on the late ninties Falcon cues and on th Meucci power piston 3 cues. I just recently purchsed one of each and I would like other members thoughts on the cues repectively. Quality, fit, finish and workmanship .....ect Any though on the compaines would help to.
Any help and thoughts are appreciated. :biggrin:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((***)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))

I began playing with their top end $2500 Falcon cue in 95, when Varner and Lee both won player of the year playing with the same cue, so obviously it worked, even though they were paid 75K a year to play with it. I had all their top end cues and was selling them as a dealer also. I sold about 1/4 mil of them, never had one come back, so the quality was super. I was also playing with a Schuler at that time so I was in the stiff hit world and when I put on a 314 I then realized how badly the Falcon was deflecting. You could correct it by taking it down to 11.5 mm with a pro taper.

In 2000 I moved over to Meucci to the PP-4, and $850 cue, power piston and would only use the red dot, I considered the black dot to be a total pos. I played with all 4 of the power pistons finally working up to the pp-4. I never had a problem with them and they all played great. I filmed a lot of my DVD's and TV shows with the PP-4. Then, about 2004, the company tanked, the quality went south, and I dumped them and went back to using my balabushka Adam remake copy.

Just about any Meucci made before 2000, if it has not been played too hard, should be good. Anything after 2002 03, would be very suspect.

I have a large number of AA super shafts, for both cues, I hung for years to cure, which are primo, and never been hit. I may one day, get rid of them, as I no longer use those cues, and have no need for those shafts. Keep that in mind, but old cured wood like that, would be $200 a shaft. A 16 year old never been hit cured shaft, I have to charge for. Wood is like wine, age it right, and its price rises. Cues I play with, I buy 6 shafts at a time, hang them for 2 years, play with all 6, may keep one, and I kept doing that until I have about 10 of each, hanging for years, I just never got around to using.
I also have 10 brand new Meucci shafts, pre red dot, never been hit.

"Fast Larry" Guninger

#16 Larry

Larry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

WOW! Thank you so much for your help. I hope the cues will serve well. The Meucci has the black dot shaft kinda feels diferent though, not like the Meucci's of old I may sell it and buy an older one. I have played with Meucci off and on for 25 years. I grew to love'em. The Falcon, of at least the one I shot with hit like an mid eighties Schon I used to have. The one I just bought is a proto from the 1998 billiads show. I'll post some picyures of my cues soon. I have a Pierce cue that I can not find any info on. The fellow that made it is in Cincinnatti and make them with likes of the Sherm cue. So if you or anyone else has more info on it I would love to hear it.
Thanks again Fast Larry!

FL SAY: When you look at a mooo chi made 15-20 years ago, and look at the **** he turns out now, it makes you wanna cry.
" I'll race you to the Waffle House fat man "
Jimmy Mataya to Joe Kerr at the Glass city 9 ball open.

#17 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • 28,984 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

WOW! Thank you so much for your help. I hope the cues will serve well. The Meucci has the black dot shaft kinda feels diferent though, not like the Meucci's of old I may sell it and buy an older one. I have played with Meucci off and on for 25 years. I grew to love'em. The Falcon, of at least the one I shot with hit like an mid eighties Schon I used to have. The one I just bought is a proto from the 1998 billiads show. I'll post some picyures of my cues soon. I have a Pierce cue that I can not find any info on. The fellow that made it is in Cincinnatti and make them with likes of the Sherm cue. So if you or anyone else has more info on it I would love to hear it.
Thanks again Fast Larry!

FL SAY: When you look at a mooo chi made 15-20 years ago, and look at the **** he turns out now, it makes you wanna cry.

Just get a red dot shaft, they play fine, black dot, I do not recommend, plus, they are a little too stiff for me.

"Fast Larry" Guninger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users