Attach a photo if you have one.

#2 bigshooter

bigshooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:21 PM

I use a 1986 Joss - 19 oz. that I custom ordered, it has a real unique design but my digital camera stopped working so no pics for now.
Using a Predator 314 shaft.
Break cue is a Huebler sneaky pete.

[ Edited by bigshooter on 2004/1/6 16:22 ]

#3 Black-dot

Black-dot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:56 AM

My regular cue is a Meucci HOF-2 with a black dot shaft (12.75mm) and a Moori soft tip. Have ordered an extra shaft from Meucci that will be a 13mm and will start with a Moori hard tip to see how it plays.

Also have a Southwest style cue with two shafts - one with a Moori soft tip, the other with a super hard layered phenolic tip that is used for breaking.

Made a jump cue from a cheap cue by cutting the butt down, and sawing off the shaft right behind the ferrule and installing a super hard layered phenolic tip. Jumps like a scared spring chicken. I can make it jump up to 4 feet or so without too much trouble. When it stings the cue ball the crack is unmistakeable, and when the object ball goes in the looks on people's faces are enough to inspire the congenital cynics around the table... :-D

Black-dot
Zing it in... :-D

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 03:35 PM

A sweet cognoscenti cue with Ebony, Ivory, Silver and Gold inlay.
Paid way too much but I will never have a nicer cue..[img align=left]http://jbkoontz.com/...cognoscenti.gif[/img]

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:55 PM

Tim Scruggs custom.

Laura

#6 UWPoolGod

UWPoolGod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 01:25 PM

Vancouver, WA maker Larry Schave custom cue Don't have the pics online so I can't post em.

#7 FASTLARRY

FASTLARRY

Founder of Poolchat.net

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,984 posts
  • Interests:Pool & Billiards, 3-cushion, broads, booze, cards, golf, scuba diving, traveling, tennis.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Mine is a balabushka LTD-3 No longer sold, a limited edition.

Attached Files

"Fast Larry" Guninger
The Power Source Traveling Pool School. To see my web page come alive click here: www.fastlarrypool.comicon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_razz.gif

#8 Almostfamous

Almostfamous

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

Mine is a balabushka LTD-3 No longer sold, a limited edition.

Ditto on the Bushka LTD-3. Love it.

Also have a Predator BK2 break cue that seems to work well

#9 headmuses

headmuses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Here's my setup...Kamuii Black, Blue Diamond, and a Custom Made Dan Dishaw

But recent revelation of Fast Larry's opinion of the Kamuii Black, gives me need to explain my findings of that particular tip. It took me almost a year to get used to the Kamuii Black. I found I was getting more reaction of any type of draw, english or throw from this tip than I was previously used to.

The draw shot was the hardest to overcome. I would find that I was tending to over-draw the cue ball more than I was used to on either a Moori or Talisman tip. I have learned this tip gradually over the year to understand that it reacts more than you would think when it comes to any type of english you use. The Kamuii tip tool is just that...a "tool", and I think it is a 30 dollar piece of crap useless toss it in the drawer piece of junk....I won one from Fast Larry...posted my opinion that Larry totally agreed on...its junk.

There was also a comment of the Blue Diamond chalk that it tends to stick more, so you would get more of a reaction to any type of shot other than a straight on no juice shot. Well if all these observations are true...the added findings of the Kamuii Black added with the Blue Diamond chalk would tell me I have had to adjust my playing over the year to get used to these two accessories I now use....hmmm what can I say...I love the hit from the Kamuii Black tip, I also love the way the Blue Diamond chalk works for me...so in all honesty...maybe I am fooled by all the hype and promo of these two products, but I feel more confident in my shooting with these things added to my custom built Dishaw cue.

But I think Fast Larry would agree...its all in your head...if you feel confident in your ability, confident in your equipment and you're in the zone...nuthin but nuthin can beat you...only you can beat yourself.

Just my humble opinion...

Cheers Poolchat friends, Happy 2011

Headmuses.

#10 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

my first cue i won in a three day university tourny.   it was a vintage Viking but i destroyed it in a rage.  i went through several cues that way....  more recently i bought a McDermott E15 at a thrift-store for a pittance.   it was showing its age and McDermott reconditioned it to brand-new, for free.   can't beat that with a pool stick.   mine is red with  a black butt-end, joint and wrap and panther graphics.   it plays as well as any and after another 25 years i can send it back to McDermott for another reconditioning because they have a lifetime guarantee.

Attached File  DSCN9606.JPG   54.65KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN9605.JPG   52.22KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSCN9607.JPG   43.82KB   0 downloads

#11 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:06 AM

send me a few cases...

#12 eagleheart

eagleheart
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

I have been using a Meucci David Howard "on the hill" for close to 30 years and still find it to be the best cue I have ever had my hands on....I used a Richard Black prior to the DH and there was no comparison..... I did have a Monitor Lizard wrap put on it which I love.

"Steady" ​Eddie

Attached Files

#13 Willieboy

Willieboy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

I shoot with an old Titleist conversion with solid maple shafts.  I also have two Predator Sneaky Petes but I don't use them.

I don't have a break cue or jump cue.

#14 Willieboy

Willieboy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

Here's my setup...Kamuii Black, Blue Diamond, and a Custom Made Dan Dishaw

The Kamuii tip tool is just that...a "tool", and I think it is a 30 dollar piece of crap useless toss it in the drawer piece of junk....I won one from Fast Larry...posted my opinion that Larry totally agreed on...its junk.

Headmuses.

Can you tell me what it is you dislike about the Kamui tip tool, other than its price?

Is there a tip tool you do favor?

I've been playing over fifty years and, until recently, I've never had a tip tool.  I used a Revlon nail file to rough up the tip and a cardboard match book to burnish the sides.

#15 Willieboy

Willieboy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:44 PM

I recently purchased a Mezz AXi and have been shooting with it for a couple weeks.  It is excellent in that it gives good feedback and just plays very nicely.

Attached Files

#16 J0HN0

J0HN0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Billiards, Driving, riding, taking things apart & meddling.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:42 PM

A Helmstetter 86-13 with a re-wrap in Black Irish Linen and a shaft re-taper to match my "Juice Shaft", An "Edge" ferrule and a Talisman hard tip. Spent a little cash getting it, but just enjoying it every time I play.

Regards

Attached Files

Johno

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users