1 reply to this topic

#1 Pin

Pin

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:43 PM

So I've come across references to Fast Larry in a few different books over the last few months, and all of them caught me by surprise. I thought a short thread about the different places we've seen him would be fun.

First one: A Ripley's Belive it or Not - I'm not sure what year - listing some of his trick shot feats. I remember spitting a cue ball out of his mouth, bouncing over 4 rows of balls and, I think, making a 2-ball set that were covered by an handkerchief.

Anyone else got any sightings to add?

#2 Pin

Pin

Pro Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:29 AM

In Mike Massey's World of Trick Shots book (p.70), he describes the trick shot where two players shoot cue balls at each other, which rebound back towards opposite corner pockets, to make hanging object balls. Massey goes on to describe Fast Larry and Rick Wright's shot where they tried to play this as a jump shot, but one cue ball being higher than the other, it deflected up into the table light, and the other bounced into the slate and back up the same way. The balls bust the light bulb and glass explodes everywhere. An unintentionally spectacular finale (even if you'd intended to keep going for another hour).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users